Wednesday, 12 August 2026

First Post

So here's the first post on the blog.

Being semi-retired now, I've more time on my hands and I've been able to revisit some music that my band "Gideon's Answer" recorded quite a few years ago. It was a home made effort, recorded on an eight track desk that seems like totally antediluvian technology now, but the songs  were all original. Although we were a Christian Band, our songs were more "about faith" than conventional "faith and worship". I might get round to explaining that a bit more in another post.

I've "remastered" 12 of the tracks and put them together as a playlist on Soundcloud called "Faith, Doubt & Procrastination" . Clicking the link will take you straight to it. It is not a commercial venture, the music is just there, for free, lurking quietly in a corner of the internet, hoping and waiting to be enjoyed. If it gets enough listens, I might format it as a Soundcloud Album, which does nothing else but make the presentation look prettier.

The present cover for the list has a photo of the old town of Toledo which I took while on holiday. I've used it for no other reason than I thought it looked good, plus one of our original CDs had a photo of the castle on Rhodes for its cover. Actually, I probably did it as a reference to a "courtyard gate" which is mentioned in one of our songs.





No comments:

Post a Comment